So the continuation of my terrain building continues, first off I haven’t got a picture of the completed trench line to show as I completely forgot about taking one, I will however remedy this after I get them from the club.
Next in the production line is fields, multiple sections that can be placed together with roads or tracks to break up the table nicely. I have seen many made with faux fur and while I love the look of them I much prefer to use the Coir door mats cut into sections as they are nice and cheap.
This is very similar to the mat I got off of eBay for the cost of a bout £6. This isn’t bad and should make me at least 5 field sections. I am still working on the principle of the 11” x 11” base boards for the larger sections of terrain as I think they will give a nice uniformed look to the table. For the firs tile I decided that a track would cut the field in half and this would need tire tracks in it. I cut the mat to size and attached with the trusty ‘no more nails’ then added the polyfilla to the board to create a rough surface. Once that was dry I drilled/gouged/poked some holes in it for fence posts and then added the planks to the fences. I then spent the best part of 14 hours throwing up for no apparent reason, I certainly was interesting and not without its amusement…. mostly for the missus and the cat. Once I recovered a bit I added the pva and the sand and now its waiting for paint.
With the terrain on the table I thought hey why not pose some pictures of Panzer Lher on the move so without further delay here we have the culmination of some work.